Thursday 19 July 2012

Sunset Meadow etc.

Hey guys!

Here's the stuff I've been working on recently. Firstly, a speed paint I did over the last couple of evenings:


Some very quick (10 mins each?) Edgar Payne studies. I've been working my way through his book, Composition of Outdoor Painting, and I'm making a concerted effort to be more deliberate about how I study and use colour. The book is full of useful info so I recommend picking it up if you can find a copy.


And some little scribbles for some previous works and a couple o' head doodles:

More soon, Cheers!

6 comments:

Chromi - Estevao Chromiec said...

Wow awesome work nick! Love this studies from Edgar Payne! Great artworks man.

Ben Newman said...

Holy crap that's awesome! Good work Nick

Aidan said...

always impressed by your perpetual leveling up nick!

Peter Oedekoven said...

Always a pleasure to drop by...

Nick Carver said...

Cheers guys!

estevaolucas: Thanks dude. I'm definitely glad I'm doing these studies and reading about his approach to colour.

Ben Newman: Thanks, Ben! Hope you are doing well!

Aidan: Cheers! It doesn't feel like I'm making much progress most of the time so I'm glad there's some positive change visible from the outside.

Peter Oedekoven: I'll keep working if you keep visiting! Thanks.

Unknown said...

really nice work, and nice universe.